How exposed is your business to a data breach?
Every business is at risk of a data breach. Our PDF presents some questions that may help you consider whether you need professional assistance to implement security procedures for document management.
Security breaches can happen to any business. Your workplace is full of confidential paperwork that could cause real problems if it gets into the wrong hands.
Is your business at risk? Read our PDF to determine if
you may need a professional document management company
If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, you should consider consulting a professional document management company to discuss implementing secure procedures to prevent data breaches in your business.
- 95% of the UK population are not confident that organisations securely protect their personal information
- Companies can be fined up to £500,000 for breaching the Data Protection Act
- Data breaches in the UK have increased by more than 1000% since 2007
- The cost of a data breach has risen 83% in 6 years for UK businesses
- Do you dispose of your confidential information separately from your general waste and recycling?
- What is your current method of document destruction?
- Are confidential documents stored in a secure location prior to disposal?
- Do you have a “shred-all” policy to ensure that all documents are securely destroyed?
- Who in your company monitors the data protection legislation that affects your business?
- Are you including a full background screening with every new hire for your company?
- Does your company have written document destruction policies and a formal training process?
- Is the document destruction policy part of new employee orientation?