There are hidden reasons such as cost, time and health and safety issues, why the use of office shredders in your workplace could actually put your business at risk.
Click to download our PDF
Some organisations think an office shredder is a small price to pay for ensuring the secure destruction of confidential papers. Apart from the initial purchase, little thought is given to the total working costs of shredders.
Whilst they are sold as industrial shredders they can only cope with a few sheets per pass and staff spend hours breaking down files. In the end staff are unwilling to use them and show delight when they are jammed or out of service. That is when sensitive papers start to accumulate around your work place and they start to pose a security risk. In addition, they start taking up valuable space and time.
A professional shredding firm can supply lockable container so you can efficiently dispose of confidential safe in the knowledge that they will be destroyed.
Using office shredders can be risky
Office shredders do not make commercial sense and could actually put your business at risk…why?
Office shredders are:
- Easy to jam
- Unable to cope with files
- Health and safety headache
- Maintenance needy (servicing, PAT testing)
- Out of action when full
- Valuable staff time spent shredding paperwork is not generating you revenue
- Delegation to juniors is risky as it gives them access to sensitive papers
- Slow or out-of-service shredders actually deter employees from destroying documents
- Shredding with office shredders is around £1.55 per kg when ALL costs are factored in
- The worst threat to your business, staff or customers is a data security breach
- Documents are left unsecure around the workplace when shredders jam, are full or staff have not time to shred
A professional shredding service will save you money and protect your business in 3 steps:
- 1) Users simply deposit documents into locked consoles conveniently sited around the workplace
- Unwanted files are instantly disposed of and not left waiting to be shredded
- There is no need to remove staples or strip down files
- The consoles are 100% maintenance free and holding up to 45kg of papers.
- There is no handling of shredded paper bags
- You remove the risk of staff manual handling injuries
- Cross cut shredding ensures total destruction
- A regular shredding service lowers total costs £0.38/kg
- All shredded paper is taken away for recycling
- You receive a Certificate of Destruction