With the help of our Scanning Calculator you will be able to work out a rough budget for the scanning work you require. The Scanning Calculator is a budgeting tool only and has been set to really show the’worst case scenario’. By designing a tailored solution that fits your needs, Topwood’s team of scanning specialists will always trim cost off of the calculators prediction.
Our scanning services are offered UK wide and our pricing includes transport usine our own fleet of vehicles.
How much does document scanning cost?
Topwood have a consultative selling approach to the process of scanning. We look to design a solution that delivers you the maximum benefit for the smallest cost. Our aim is to give you the greatest ROI achievable.
What’s included within our scanning prices?
- Collection of materials
- Preparation for scanning (removal of staples etc)
- Indexing of files
- Imaging to PDF which are fully searchable
- Supply of scanned files on hard drive/CD
- Destruction of paper documents
There are no hidden extras – The eventual final cost will be agreed when you contact us, once we have worked out things like how many staples need removing, the general condition of the paper and level of indexing required (number of characters etc) but the scan calculator will certainly give you a fairly accurate ball park figure.
It’s easy to use too – just fill in the relevant boxes, automatically see the budget ‘ball-park and then request a call back from one of our team.
GDPR Compliance with Document Scanning
One of the changes to GDPR and the new Data Protection Act 2018 is being able to respond to Subject Access Requests (SAR’s) in a timely and cost effective way.
This requires you to know where your data is held and know exactly how many copies of the document exist.
Individuals will also have the right to be forgotten which means data controllers must be able to locate all information relating to that individual and securely destroy it.
Transferring documents to digital files will improve GDPR compliance through;
- Security – encrypted files and password protected USB’s/CDs reduces the risk of files being stolen or lost.
- Access – OCR searchable files means companies can respond to SAR’s quicker than with a few taps of a keyboard.
- Cost – reduced cost of physical storage means funds could be spent on improving other areas of the organisation to be GDPR compliant or improving productivity. Clearing archive rooms of boxes and files could help move you towards a paperless office environment.